Relax during your retreat in my confortable apartment, in a great neighbourhood called “Gambetta” in the 20th arrondissement (municipal district) of Paris. This area is famous for its authentic, cosmopolitan, artistic and “village like” spirit.
Cultural homestay in Paris
Find yourself on your journey to Paris. Discover the beauty, the culture, the history of this beautiful, romantic City of Light. And at the same time, discover the peace, the voice of your soul, the wisdom within you. I offer you a quiet place to stay while on this unique adventure of self-discovery and the life-enhancing encounter with Paris. Surely the best of two worlds, this experience can only enrich your life, your body and your soul.
How do you benefit?
Discover the beauty, the culture, the history of this beautiful, romantic City of Light. Live unique experiences. On this adventure of self-discovery and the life-enhancing encounter with Paris, enrich your life, your body and your soul.
If that is of interest to you, I offer you two private 50-minute duration Life Coaching sessions during your stay. Life coaching is aimed at helping you move through perceived obstacles, release from areas where you feel stuck, bring more clarity in your life, and make positive changes. If that is not of interest to you, we can use this time together with private French lessons or private tours in Partis 🙂
Become more familiar with local culture and customs. Get acquainted to the day to day Parisian life. I will help you fit into France’s culture at your own time and pace. I can also help you acquire good communication skills in French through private French lessons catered to your needs and interests.
What is included in the standard package?
A week-long homestay to relax
1) UP TO 6 NIGHTS IN PRIVATE BEDROOM
You will with me in my confortable, typically Parisian apartment, in a great neighbourhood called “Gambetta” in the 20th arrondissement (municipal district) of Paris. Located on the right bank of the River Seine, it is famous for being authentic, cosmopolitan, family oriented, artistic, and with a « village like » spirit: surprisingly quiet streets, small charming parks, local cafés, delicious and reasonably-priced restaurants, excellent food shops, organic grocery stores, small churches, dynamic bookstores with author events, public libraries with a wealth of great reading, theatres, open air markets, etc. A true Parisian experience, far away from the touristic crowds!
My neighbourhood is well served by public transportation. Only 3 min walk to the Gambetta metro station on line 3, which takes you directly in about 20 minutes to the ‘Opéra’ station, with the famous ‘Opera Garnier’ and the nearby ‘Boulevard Haussmann’ with its fancy Department Stores (Printemps, Galerie Lafayette). Easy metro connection to all touristic landmarks. Lots of bus lines as well (one direct to Le Louvre and Champs de Mars / Eiffel Tower) and a taxi station at 3 minutes walk.
Up to 7 nights in a private, calm and luminous bedroom, with Queen bed (or 2 individual beds for friends) – bathroom and kitchen shared with me
2) ALL BREAKFASTS & TWO HOMEMADE DINNERS
- delicious and freshly made breakfast served every morning
- 2 homemade dinners (I mostly use organic, fresh ingredients; we can buy produces and then cook together if you wish)
- other meals: you can cook your own meals in the kitchen, it is all equipped and modern; I will show you the supermarkets, organic food stores and other stores I like in the neighbourhood. Do not feel like cooking much? I will provide you with a list of my favourite restaurants and bistros in the neighbourhood where you will enjoy delicious food at very reasonable prices. For lunch, there is a fantastic organic restaurants at 10 minutes walk and they serve the most delicious lunch for about 15 euros. If you have an extra budget for restaurants led by great Chefs in Paris, I have a few suggestions, and I can book fantastic tables for you.
3) ONGOING SUPPORT:
I help you buy the proper public transportation option, book shows, restaurants, train tickets, « coupe-fil » (skip the line) ticket for museums and exhibition, etc.
4) CLEANING FEES
5 sessions of 1 hour each, in the morning after breakfast, in private meetings to cater your needs:
- Two private sessions of Holistic Life Coaching
- Three private lessons of French
Note 1: If Life coaching or French teaching are not of interest to you, I can instead guide you in private walking tours in Paris, or help you prepare your projects related to Paris, or do whatever is useful to you!
Note 2: possibility to increase the number of hours as options
- 1 private walking tour of Paris in the afternoon, duration 3 to 4 hours: personalized according to your interests ; during this tour, we can practice French together, so that you can make progresses while enjoying the city
- Open air market experience, duration 2 to 3 hours: a must-do in Paris! Shopping outdoors is an ingrained and very popular habit with Parisians. They come to buy fresh produce, discuss with their favorite sellers for fine cooking inspiration, and meet with their friends for coffee or a glass of wine. You will discover with me authentic markets surrounded by delicious bakeries, pastries stores, wine stores, cheesemongers, etc. If time permits, we can then enjoy our great food in a park or near the Seine river for a picnic 🙂
- Discovery of the neighbourhood and day to day ‘Parisienne’ life style (if you’d enjoy it, we will do the groceries together, have a coffee break in a local café, visit the fantastic public library with small art exhibitions, visit small art galleries, go to see a movie or a theater play, etc.)
You can ass some options to personalize even more your stay:
OPTION 1: Additional Life coaching sessions
OPTION 2: Additional private lessons of french
OPTION 3: additional face-to-face time to discuss and prepare your project related to Paris
For options 1, 2 and 3: possibility to continue working together at distance, through video conferences, phone cals, emails, etc.
OPTION 4: tour of Paris in private car – duration around 3 hours – we can go to landmarks, I drop you off and wait for you in the car while you take your pictures – only on Saturday or Sunday morning very early, before there is too much traffic.
OPTION 5: outside of Paris daily excursion in private car – for ex. visit of the Chablis wine country in Burgundy; visit of Epernay and the Champagne wine country, visit of the historical city of Fontainebleau with its amazing castle and huge park, etc.
OPTION 6: yoga classes in a nearby, absolutely fantastic school, where I regularly practice yoga and meditation
Preparing your retreat
How does it work?
- Duration: 1 week, 2 weeks or 3 weeks stay
- Preparation: we discuss in advance (exchange by email or over the phone) to prepare a customized cultural immersion stay for you, with a specific program tailored to your needs
- One-week retreat: 1,390.00 euros per week for one person; 1,090.00 euros per person per week for two people
- Two-week or three-week retreat: decreasing price according to number of weeks booked
- Options are at additional cost (more coaching sessions, French lessons or other optional services) – contact me for more information